Life

Each one has his or her own beliefs regarding the meaning of life. I think, I am sure, every one is here for a definite purpose.
Each person is special and valuable; that refers to me, you, your family,friends, in fact everybody! There is a loving plan for each of our lives here on this planet and there is no such thing as coincidence. Whether you call it fate for destiny, I don't believe that anything in life happens by chance and that every aspect of our lives points to something deeper.While we reflect on this, let´s share something very close to our soul
....

MILLION VOICES FROM HOTEL RWANDA by Wyclef Jean

Hotel Rwanda

A true story of a man who fought impossible odds to save everyone he could and created a place where hope survived.

ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ON THE MOVIE:

How does the film begin? How does this particular technique establish the setting?
What kind of person does Paul initially appear to be to viewers?


What does the RTLM say about those who help "cockroaches"?

What happens to the convoy of Rwandans who have obtained visas to leave? What internal conflict do we witness here?

How is Paul able to bribe General Bizimungu into helping him?

Comment on the ending of the film, with Paul and Tatiana finding their nieces.

Tell us what you think about this movie.






Tuesday, 9 September 2008

THE SIX GHOSTS STORIES



Our oral tradition of telling ghost stories, with which most students are familiar, builds a useful bridge to the oral tradition of the ancient epic narrators. In this lesson, which includes support for English language learners, students connect to epic storytellers by sharing their own oral tales of ghosts and goblins and monsters.

30 comments:

LILIANA said...

Ghosts story

When i was 23 years old, i visited San Jose of Guaviare , i was in my bedroom, sudenly i listened a woman crying, i was very afraid because all the dogs barked and i felt a strange cold.

I screamed but nobody helped to me; my brother was sleeping, he couldn't listen to me.

I was brave and i turned on the light, but there was a presence that didn't want that i asked for help.

Finally An indian man heard me and run to help me; when he came to me, the presence disappear . My brother woke up. the Indian man told us that in this region there was a warlock, he did a prayer and we went to sleep again.

the next mornig there was a tall, thin, ugly woman on the floor. she was dead.

The indian man explained to us that she lost her power when he prayed.

Liliana Maldonado
Cod: 26072047
group:20

JEFI said...

ONE NIGHT I WAS READING IN MY BED, AS THE BOOK WAS BORING I SLEEP. SUDDENLY I LISTENED NOISE IN THE TERRACE, I´M VERY NERVIOUS I CALLED MY PET DOG I THINK THAT IT FELT THE SAME BECAUSE IT STARTED BARKING THEN I SAW A SHADE TO GO DOWN FOR THE STAIRS, KIARA DIDN´T STOP TO MOVE, I FELT VERY AFRAID THEN THE NOICE BEGAN IN THE KITCKEN AND ALL THE THINGS WERE ON THE FLOOR.I CALLED MY BROTHER BUT DIDN´T ANSWER TO ME, I DECIDED TO PRAY WHEN I SAID OUR FATHER WHO… THE NOICE STOP AND KIARA WAS CALM.I WAS SHOUTING BUT NOBODY WAS LISTENING TO ME, IT WENT HORRIBLY.
THE NEXT MORNING I KNEW THAT ALLI SAW WAS A NIGHTMARE.

mireya said...

When I was 13 years old, my niece was a baby, one day my brother and my sister in law went out and I stayed with the baby girl.
I was a in the kitchen and the baby was in the bedroom and she began to cry, I was bussy and I can't went quickly with she.
So the baby began to laugh, I was surpris because my niece was laughing. When I went in the bedroom, nex to me went by a white shadow and when I turned to see the shadow, this disappeared into the closet. I went to see the baby and she was smiling.

MIREYA CASTRO
CODE: 26061250
GROUP: 20

luisa gutierrez said...

One night I´ was walking , when I felt some voices says my name, I thought that were my sister, I lower by the stairs but I don´t find my sister, later I raise the room and set down in front of my computer, when I listen the door,, I asked who is it?, but nobody answered, I felt fear, I went a the door, my hands shook and my heart was beading very fast.


I walked slowly for my bedroom, and I closed the door I heard many people talked, but I was alone in my house, I called my boyfriend for he comes quickly, I prayed and get off my room, it was the scare more terrible of mi life.

Paola said...

A MYSTERY HAND

One night I got home, I was very tired , so I had to study much along the night, my eyes was aleepy, my body didn't wants to move, all was silence...
Perhaps mom was sleeping, maybe I felt a moving comes from window, I lokked p but I didn't see anything, I thought: It was just an ilusion. minutes later I saw that something really is moving from window, I get curtains and i found a hand that want to take me, i shouted and jump until my mom's room.

I was cold, palal, without breathing, mom asked me, what's the matter? I talked for syllables, so mom went to my room and heared a laugh and she can understand all situtatio was my terrible brother, who wants to do a trap to me and the best is that he got it.*o*

Diana Marcela Lozano Tovar said...

IT WAS JUST A NIGHTMARE




When I was a child I enjoyed to watch horror movies with my brother, we watched movies like Freddy kruker, Frankestein, The mummy, Living dead men etc until 2 or 3 am each weekend. One night, my brother and me were looking a movie called day of the deads the movie is about a group of people who are survivors of a war very loudly after one week all the dead men turned in zombies and they multiplied in million around of the country. When the movie finished my brother went to his bedroom and me too after three minutes I saw a shadow near to the door he was a high pale man with frightening eyes he bring over to my bed and he told me: “don’t be afraid because I want to be your friend” immediately I scare and my brother came to my bed took my hand and he told me don’t worry its only a nightmare.

:) NATI'S :) said...

Five years ago, I was in Ocaña, in my parent's house. It is a very old house. That night, I went with my friends to a club. We were in the party. We danced and laughted all night. My father told me that I had to get home at 2 a.m. When I saw my watch it was 1:45 a.m and my friends went with me to take a taxi, but I got home at 2:30 am. I was nervious because I had to be on time.

When I tried to open the door I could feel my father's hand that was helping me to open it. I and my friends heard the clock of the door that turned slowly. So, my friends thought that I was going to get home and they left. When I got in the house, my father was not there, the first thing that I though was that he came back to his bedroom.

I walked to my parent's bedroom but it was closed. So, I thought that my father could go to the kitchen for the second door, but it was closed too and it only can be opened since inside so, he couldn't be in the kitchen but I didn't pay attention to that and I went to bed.

Next morning, my mother asked me if I was getting home early because my father had asked her. I told her that my father should know that because he was helping me to get in the house, but my mother answered "your father slept all night, we didn't know what time you got home".

In that moment I was very scared. I was asking myself "Who opened the door?" Why did I and my friends listen to turn the door's clock? What did I feel my father's hand catching my hand?...When I and my family talk about that, we don't find answers.

Nathaly Johanna Rodríguez R.
Grupo 23
Code: 26072305

Jennifer Carreño Saldaña said...

JENNIFER CARREÑO SALDAÑA
CODE: 26072232

Really I never have an experience with ghost, but I can tell that one story.
I have a cat, it is very intelligent, one day I was in the apartment only with my cat and suddenly my cat put itself very nervous, began to watch a fixed point and back down and its tail puffed up.
Of that form it remained a long time, this has happened several times and nowadays. And in other opportunity the cat is on the bed but suddenly jumped to the bed to the floor and if I tried to put on the bed it jumped again to the floor, very nervous.
These are my experiences no more because I don’t has have experiences with ghosts

Carolina Murcia Lesmes said...

I haven´t an experience with ghost or fear but I tell you one expirience about a friend her name is Diana.

Ten years ago, at school she had a best friend her name was Catalina. One nigth, Diana was alone, She was studing in her house when suddenly she saw a shade it was the shade of Diana´s fiend and the shade said with its hands bye. She stood up inmediately and She looked over her room but She din´t met anybody.

The next day, Her friend had died. Catalina was sick by two mouths, She had flu and her parents didn´t have caution to take good care of her and this caused that the matther was the heart.

That one was the way to say good bye to Diana.

LUZ said...

LUZ MARINA PÉREZ GROUP: 23


A STRANGE SHADOW

Four years ago my sister and I went to the Iguaque Park. We went with a friend. We started to walk and we looked some beautiful landscape and we turning away and we went until there.

Then, we returned at the way, we were walking long time and we catch on that we were lost and we were worried because it was very dark and we didn´t know what it was the correct way to arrive until the park. We knew that the most important was to arrive until the park and there was a guide for the walkers.

When we were walking at night we saw a shadow seemed to and old woman next to a small river, she had a street lamp in her hand and then, she crossed next to us and she smiled and she saluted us. We turned to see her but she wasn´t there. The moon was in the sky and the night was clear. We were frightened but we though that the strange woman was a countrywoman of the place.

Fortunately, we found the correct way and we arrived to a cabin and we spoke with the forester. We told him about the happened and He said us that in this region there was a story about and old woman called Mama Ramos that she lived many years ago there and then she died. However, many people believe that she appears when there are people lost and she helps to find the correct way or she illuminates the way with a light.

Guide told us that story but he said that it was only a legend. However, we were very surprised and today, we don´t know what to think about this legend, because we saw the shadow of the woman and is difficult to find a logical explanation about it.

AliceBlog said...

A man was in the park at night in the darkness, the moon was shining so far when a beautiful woman appeared between shadows, in her hands she carried a big bag and some flowers.

She walked for a long time; suddenly she stopped in front of the cementery, she saw around and god in, the she looked for a place and she buried something.

A man followed and looked at her while the woman disappeared in a bright light… surprisingly every night the beautiful woman went back to the same place…

To be continued….

ALICIA LONDOÑO
GRUP: 23

** :) JACKO (: ** said...

MY EXPERIENCE OF TERROR

A day I was in my house watched the EXORCISTA a terror film at 11:00 of the night, I was only in my bedroom and was dark. the film was very interesting but, bedside I was afraid for the personage of the girl, she had a spirit strange the around of the her body.

The film ended, I couldn't go to the bathroom because I was afraid, I left the lit nights of my badroom, I dreamed with the personages of the film, I couldn't sleep during the night.

Now, I look at all type of terror films with my family and during the day.

♥ Paula Bolívar ♥ said...

Some day at nigth when I was sleeping i heard one noise in my home, I was really worry, I didn't know what to do because I couldn't identify where had happened it, so I slowly went down the stairs, I went to the kitchen, but I didn't saw anything, I try to found something in all 1st floor my scare's reason but I couldn't.
I heard that my bedroom's door had closed with a stroke, I Cried too hard but I was alone, anybody couldn't hear me; I got strong and went up to my bedroom, open the door, and I saw a shadow sitting in my bed,It was back to me. When It stand up I couldn't move anithing of my body, I was quietly, I couldn't say anything and couldn't cry too, I just could move my eyes, while I was feeling that, the shadow passed in front of me and dissapear when It was moving it.

One minute later, I could move me again.
Now I can't explain what happened that night, I still feel nervous too much, I wish that God always protect me in special when I'm alone in the darkness.

Ana Marìa said...

When I was a child I loved playing with my friends, we played many games, one day we were playing a game called “el coco” we turned off the lights in a big room and closed the curtains and the room was so dark we couldn´t see anything, and we started to play, this game was about one of us tried to catch one of us in the dark and pass to the next person while the rest of us made some noises and tried to hide and we sang “el coco, el coco, el coco” we were laughing and suddenly we heard a strange noise and saw a shadow with a candle in its hands, we thought that our parents were trying to scare us and made us a joke, so we went to the living room and asked them if they did that, but they told us that they didn´t , so we were so scared and since that day we never play that game again, it was so strange …. We never knew what happened that night.

Ana María Bocanegra Cadena
Code: 26072267

"LORE" said...

LORENA ROJAS QUINTERO
CODE: 26072236

MY EXPERIENCE OF FEAR

One year ago I was sleeping in my bed and I saw the shade of a tall and thin man in fornt of my window, he was saying “Good Bye”.

Suddenly I felt that he sat down in my bed near me.

I tried to speak, and to move, but I couldn't. I was cold, I was nervous, and I was very scared.

I didn’t know who was he.

After one hour he stands up and he went away.

Since then, it is difficult for me to sleep without praying before.

pumpking king said...

My old house
by Diego Rincon Cod 26062207

When I had fourteen years, I lived in a house in the neighborhood Jose Joaquin Vargas, west of Bogota. That house also lived my grandfather Virgilio, until he committed suicide when I was just one year old, and did so precisely in the room where I rested, I learned this when I was thirteen years.
But was when I had eighteen something happened that disturbed me until today. At that time in my room, next to my bed,I had a sofa on one side to my bed, the other side was the window. I don`t know waht time was, but a noise woke me up, not totally, I was between asleep and awake at the same time, For second time I heard the noise clearly in the window, he was hitting something.

I got up and looked around, then saw that the door was opened and someone came, everything was dark, I could not see who was, but I thought that was my father, was the shadow of a man, and who could be more?. I went back to bed and I heard the footsteps of whom I thought was my dad, around the room, I asked him -Is evrithing okay dad? - felt that stopped and approached the sofa, sat down and I could feel someone together, made all the noises usually someone sitting on the couch next to me. he sat and sighed deeply, which made me get up thinking that something bad happened to my father. I did not see anyone in the room, was only me, Turn the TV and then light, window and door was closed .

I don`t if was a dream or my grandfather, or another person, but I preffer think that was him.

"°°°VIVIS°°°" said...

8A ghost Paola’s house

One night my friend Paola said me that she saw a ghost in her kitchen last month. She was only in her home and downstairs for drinks cup milk. She listens to voice and felt afraid. She saw toward the window and looked a shade. It was Grandfather’s shade. He wanted to give a message her. Paola had her white face and cold hands.

Then, she upstairs and went to her bedroom and closed the door but she couldn’t sleep.
Now, she feels that the grandfather’s soul is caring her.

ViViAnA SaNaBrIa
CODE 26072260
GROUP:23

Vivian said...

Suddenly, one night at central park the people listened a strong scream, seemed like a woman voice in this moment the moon was big and was shining, and the wind was cold. The people ran to their houses. Only one man stayed in the park because he knew what was happening.
He went to the cementery with his bag, after midnight he saw a beautiful woman, she had some flowers she cried and screamed she was slim and she had white long hair, The man told her “My dear daughter don’t cry more, I love you”. She looked at him and she said “You killed my mom, I hate you”.

He answered “Honey you are death also”, she was angry “Don’t tell me this”, she ran toward him and her face was as skull and she screamed very strongly... until his father started screamed as well until he died instantly from a heart attack, his daughter had killed him because her mother and her died in a car accident provoked by him, the father was driving drunk.

That’s the reason why she always cried….

VIVIAN GONZÁLEZ
GRUP: 23

madelaggblog said...

MY GRANDFATHER STORY

My horror store was 10 years ago when I went of holiday, I was to the country next to Boyaca, this is a confortable place and it always has had fruits trees and different kinds of plants and flowers.

In this place my grand mother lived alone because my grand father died thirty three years ago , they loved them much, when my grand father died she took a bone of his right hand and she always watched it and placed it the side of the door of living room with a glass full of water.

One day At 11 o’clock at night when I went to sleep after what my family spoken me about death of my grand father I frightened me when I listened bark a dog and ran beside the house and I listened some one ´s foot steps in the floor of the living room and I shouted and I cried , my grand ask me ¿what is the matter? . I told her about of a mysterious foot steps , but she said me ! Keep calm!. After I dreamed all night but when too my sister went there, she listened some similar.

I think what is the spirit of my grand father comes to drinks water at the night.

MARCELA BENAVIDES said...

The unknown funeral

This history told me my cousin a long time ago. Is about many person in one funeral, this happened in the middle night when she saw in the window how this person carried a coffin and they singed and speak quietly, they had candles and walked as a procession, the she get out to the house for to see how many people were in this procession?, but when she left the street, nobody were there.
She thought that this was very strange but she went to the bed again.
Well, the next night she listened the noises again, the same procession, the same people, the same songs, the same hour. She had fear but she saw in the window again, when oh my god!!!!!!! She didn’t see anything.
This was a mystery that never we understood.

Marcela Benavides
26072239

Dario Bernal said...

Two years ago, it was a dark night in Guatavita, i was with a friends also I was with my cousins and other people, that; I didn`t know them. In a moment, a man go out to his tent, when I listened to this man spoke with a old girl; I couldn`t sleep. I want to see this girl, because she spoke like a neighbor; but I remembered, that she was died some time ago. I go out to my tent, so i saw to this man speaks with a girl, she was dressed with a black tunic, so she had her face cover, the man kept silent, so i want to go this place, so I didn`t walk, my legs were paralyzed... in this moment i was very scared, so this man began to cry very strong, now all people wake up, so this girl disappear in the field, the man couldn`t speak, so i spoke the people about the girl but; they don`t believe in my history... but the man begans to cry ...

John Fredy said...

A card for Mrs Rogers
The postmen was work all morning how other days, but a leidy to the churche road 91 said: Hey postman, do you have a letter for mi? today is my birtday, check please!
I think, for this adress not are letter, she waiting, and ask me: searc please, but my son live in New york and he never forgotten my birtday. I said, i'm sorry today I don't letter for you, she cry.
I continued my way and had an idea, make a letter for she. When I came at home i put the card in a letterbox, but i listened... what do you do postman, in this home don't lived nothing. The past year a old girl died, her heart stopped, she know about the died that his son in a car accident a she died too. What happenned this morning? What is think about this?
Personal Opinion: Is a interesting story, short, and some normally in our time. Bye

CARITO said...

When I was 10 years old, I was in my house. This day rained and I was alone with my brother. Suddenly, I felt a strange noise. I got up of my bed to see what was happening and I didn't see anything. I returned to my room and felt again the same thing but nothing was happening. At this moment, came a friend of my parents and when I opened the door she saw one of the windows saying that a white shade had spent. I remained scared but I could never know that it happened.

CAROLINA QUINTERO
26072220

Anonymous said...

AN EXPERIENCE OF SCARED
JANNETTE BUITRAGO
26072238
GROUP 20


I was in my house seeing a movie of "Three men and a Baby" and when the movie was rolled, in a window a child appeared and I thought that it was a part of the movie.

That child that I saw in the movie was a ghost and he died because he fall of the ninth floor of the building where the movie was rolled.

This history was reported in the newspapers, counting that this who were never living in the ninth its building saw. That child was the only son and was feeling identified with the baby of the movie because it was taken care by three men.

The only company of the boy was his father who told this history.

This movie was impressed enough the sad look of the child. He was melancholy but though he seemed to me to be sad he did not stop terrifying me. I felt very nervous.

YOKA... said...

I have not seem a ghost in my life, but I believe that exist.
My grandfather died five years ago, he was a lovely grandfather, we were very closed.

Iam not crazy, but I feel that he is with me Imean his soul.
Last year Iwas taking a test at the University, so Iwent to home late, when Iwas near I felt that somebody was looking at me, and yes!!!!
A man was 3 blocks near to my house, waiting for me... you can not believe it..... But Idid not feel scare, I only felt that my grandfathers soul was protecting me..

By Angela Guzman
26072237

angiepvr88 said...

Name: Angela Velandia
Code: 26061308
Group: 20

THE MYSTERY ON JOB
Two years ago, I was working at the company Autocipres. Some friends working there told me that the company rolled in a spirit of a girl and she could only see, feel and that it is sometimes possessions and began to act like her, so he told me. Spent a few days and I was on my lunch hour in the kitchen of the company, this quarter is not as big and closed. I was alone, when suddenly the light goes off, I was scared but I stay quiet and closed my eyes I did not know what to do. Then someone would come and that the door would not open, I hope a few seconds still, I began to pray and cry out to be, then it brings light and everything returned to normal. But then I started to have a bit of distrust that comes to consciousness and other sites of the company.

yesitogo said...

One day, my father told me, son do you want to go where your grandmother, hence I said O.K father tomorrow I shall go to my grandmother. I was seven years old and I was very happy because I shall see face to face with my grandmother because I saw three years before, because she went at home I was playing or studying. But she though that I don’t want to see. But other day that I was in this please she told me a terrible history; in this please all people older tell fright histories, all grandfathers to speaking about the ghost, they smile count the history because in night any children can’t slept, I was some days without can’t slept and get sick and I go back at home, but this days was terrible because I heard some horses around the house, the dog to bark and growl, the hen to cluck, my grand father made so much noise and he known that I can’t slept and he to laugh me. My grand parent liked to read the bible and he wants that I same do, but he teaches me to pray for me for my family, how remember this history and give to laugh.

Martha Méndez said...

Dear all, your stories are really amazing.They contain good elements of fear and paranormal events that make the readers be interested in them.
Thanks a lot for your participation.
Martha

Martha Méndez said...

Thanks all of you by working here and sharing your ideas and writing your stories.Hope you can write more in your foreign language.
Martha

Anonymous said...

MY FAVORITE SONG

IMAGINE
BY: JOHN LENNON

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one.

Frankestein

WHAT ABOUT THE MONSTER?

Frankestein has been one of the most interesting books as it was written by a woman who described a sciencific experiment done with human beings.

Share with us what you have read and searched about the author.

Ghosts?

Do you believe in Ghosts? Do you feel scared of them?Watch this film and think about your answers.


A different ghost story

1500 Free TV & Live Online Channels Widget