Frankenstein is considered to be the greatest Gothic Romantic Novel. It is also generally thought of as the first science fiction novel. I have always been impressed and amazed by the fact that Mary wrote this novel when she was eighteen years old.
What experiences and powers of imagination led to such an innovative and disturbing work?
What can you say about the writer and about her work?
What do you think about the Monster as a living being?
Write your opinion about this reader.Tell some ideas and impressions you had when you interacted with the book?What were your difficulties if you had any? What do you find interesting in this reader?

20 comments:
Hi all of you.Here you are your second reader and I expect you enjoy it as you did before.
Write your comments here regarding your personal opinions, your feelings, expectations, and thoughts about artificial life, discriminationa, and all of those issues we can find in Frankestein.Martha
I think that the way that Frankenstein was written is very nice because I had many similar situations when I was a child and I always have lived in an old, big house. Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein because she was with her friends talking about different frightening and popular stories and one of them asked for the person who could write the more interesting horror story and Mary did it.
The book became the most important horror book and the people was surprised because she was a very young writer.
I like the Mary’s style to write, because she combines her real life experiences with the story. The person who speaks in the story change frecuently according to the situations. Some times we can read the same part of the story from a different speaker. Mary had learned many interesting things about science and tecnology and you can see that in Frankenstein, she teaches to many people that the science could be dangerous. In the book the writer wants to show us the power of God to give the people the life. She shows that God is the only one who can give all that we have and the only one who can decide about our life. During the story, the writer make a combination of feelings that permit you compare the posible writer feelings to see herself.
I think that a monster as a living being could be only in a writer imagination to write stories like Frankenstein. It could be interesting to make movies or plays, to show real problems of a country, city or a nation but not as a member of the community. I think that a monster that was maked with different parts of dangerous people could be dangerous too, but in the story you can feel that it is human, a good human because he has good and bad feelings that permit him to share time and conversations with more people. You never could think that a monster can help people but the Frankenstein’s creation can do it.
I really liked the Frankenstein investigations to create life. I always have been interested in experiments and laboratories and I liked that part of the story. This is a very interesting story because when you are reading it you dont want to stop, each time you want to know what will happen then. Is nice to read a story about laboratories and experiment combined with a love and romantic story.
I liked the story. I liked the writer style to show a different story, besides it has been one of the most famous horror book through the history.
Nathaly Johanna Rodríguez R.
Grupo 23
FRANKENSTEIN
Marcela Benavides
Cod: 26072239
Frankenstein is the history of a scientist who elaborated a human with parts of body of dead persons. The result: a monster that the society was rejecting. This monster, wants love and sharm, after he was rejected by all people, and his own creator, seeks to damage to all people and his creator.
The name that assigns him to the monster is the surname of his creator FRANKENSTEIN.
But Frankenstein was much more than the history of strange doctor that one day created a monster.
I think that under the apparent terror history and some aspects of the political, social and religious crisis of it epoch, there is another equal history of cruelly: that of the monstrous being who tries to overcome his deformity by means of the language and the reason.
The rejection that provokes the monster the people, is the reflection of the rejection that always the human being has felt towards the different thing, there was doing stranger, feeling that is today the same of the racism for example, and the social classes.
The book treats philosophical and social very varied topics, centring on the relation between creator and to be created.
Are very topics, as the evident disagreement whit the death, the need of the equality between man and woman, the change of roles of both protagonists: LOVE and SLAVE, and the topic of the kind corrupt being, inhuman and mentally ill for the society.
The book was written by Mary Shelley in 1816 when she had only 19 years, after this book she became a famous writer of books and poems.
I believe that it is a good book because the language that she uses is simple on having read and very entertaining, I would like to see the movie.
WELL...
When I watched Van helsing, I thought " Frankenstein" was a nice monster, because he was to be a nice man. "I cried when he had to gone far away" ,he did not care ,because he was life
Frankenstein is a Gothic horror novel,and tell the story about a scientist who decide to create a real person, I meam a livivng person from various organs and body parts of people who died.
I thing that Mary Shelley is a smart and a little crazy woman because she derived the name Frankestein from a dream vision.
This book is fantastic, Ilike to read this kinds of novel.
By Angela Guzman H.
Cod 26072237
VIVIAN GONZÁLEZ MORENO
GRUPO: 23
1. What experiences and powers of imagination led to such an innovative and disturbing work?
Mary wrote this book because she was listening to Shelleys and his friends reading ghosts stories. I believe that Mary's imagination fed because she always lived between many books. In addition she had a lot of time to think and to imagine many things for what later she had to write to tell what happened inside her.
2. What can you say about the writer and about her work?
Mary was a great writer nevertheless her life was a very sad because she was a very lonely person. Mary lost her mom, several of her children and her husband.
I think that the Mary`s loneliness and sadness is implicit in Frankenstein. We can see that Frankenstein suffered the loneliness and the scorn of the persons.
3. What do you think about the Monster as a living being?
The Monster was a solitary and sad person since he was not born; he was created by another person with different parts of dangerous people. He did not have infancy and he had to learn to speak, to use his senses and to know the world
The Monster was very different because he was taller than other persons, and he was ugly, and because of this he was feeling rejected, but in the story you can feel that he is human and he is not a monster.
4. Write your opinion about this reader. Tell some ideas and impressions you had when you interacted with the book?
The book is very interesting and read this book was a great experience; I learned very much expressions and vocabulary besides I always have been interested in stories of horror. Also I liked the book´s drawings because these helped me to imagine what was happening in the story.
6. What do you find interesting in this reader?
Frank has been one of the best books I´ve read because I could know a new world whit Mary´s words. With this book I could think of several aspects of daily life such as family, society, rejection, love, ambition etc.
CLAUDIA VEGA
CODIGO: 26072229
FRANKESTEIN
1. What expeiences and powers of imagination led to such an innovative and disturbing work
2. What can you say about the writer and about her work
3. What do you think about the monster as a living being
4. Write your opinión about this reader. Tell some ideas and impresions you had when you interacted with the book
5. What were your dificultéis if you had any
6. What do you find interesting in this reader
ANSWERS:
1. The book was the work of a young woman called Mary Shelley. She wrote it in the summer of 1816, when she was only nineteen years old.When Mary wrote her book, she was living in Switzerland. Mary learned a lot from her father’s ideas and from all the books that she read.
Byron suggested a game. Who could write the most interesting horror story.
Mary’s story was the best, and it became famous later as the book Frankestein, she wanted to show that the monster was good at first.
2. I think that the writer is a woman with an amazing imagination to dedicate to the pending, she to created important persons, but fictitious and she to put a degree of horror, in where her readers are to catchs for that fascinating magic of this type of storys. Frankestein is an excellent work , where we looked creativity and dedication
3. The monster as a living being is a fiction to use for Mary Shelley for to capture the reader and to give a special knock to this work. The monster is something unreal fantastic
4. I to relieve that this reader is very interesting, but the writer to repit the same expressions during all the readers, this absent.mindedness in the reader
5. When I interacted whit the Frankestein’s book, in the introduction I stopped, because I was interested in to know the life of the writer Mary Shelley, the name of the country, mountains and lake. When I begin the chapter first of Frankestein still went more interesting to know, until that spot the power of the mind human to reach the finising line
6. I haven’t any difficulty, because this book was very easy of to read and to understand, besides the book to bring more pictures. For this I can understand with more ease the book.
7. I believe, that is very interested to know the order and how the autor has so much imagination for to write from the beginning right up until the end.
FRANKENSTEIN
The story is amazing because, the writer is very young but, she is very talented, I think that she wrote about the contradiction of the society in that moment. About the monster I think that only he can live in the mind of a writer, because in a real society will be dangerous, because the monster won’t understand the human feelings and the human behaviors. The book is amazing, is advanced to the time that was written, (the book was published in 1818). I think that the story starts in a singular way. It is important to know that Frankenstein’s book developed in the Industrial Revolution. For that reason, the idea of create life takes an important roll for Mary Shelley. I don’t agree about it. At first, because the life is a holy thing, and we can not think in create it. The book shows us the consequences of our act. Our creations can be dangerous for our society, in the book the protagonist wants to be God and to exceed the power of him. It is important to know the limits. The human being is only and anybody can create a person, only God. The impressions for my real life are when I decide to create life, that person must grow with his family for understanding the human feelings and never will be alone. I will try always to help for his growing of the best way. The story is very nice and I liked. The book is a reflection and the story is a combination between science fiction, love and horror.
Alicia Londoño
Group 23
About frankestein. Diego Rincon 26062207.
I think that the monster wasn´t frankestein, because his existence was a construction of de human mind. The monster is the representation of the selfish and the ego of the doctor, and like all histories of monster, i the novel are the representation of the represion of love, and the needs of be without alone. The time of the history I think is aproppiate because I imagine the scene like the time when that thinks happen, so I feel like a real stories because the expresion of the human are realin that time and in our time.
Thaks a lot.
What experiences and powers of imagination led to such an innovative and disturbing work?
The experience is an opportunity to change my mind and the way I imagine the things, now I can see different things from different points of view.
What can you say about the writer and about her work?
I can say she had a beautiful imagination and a fantastic way to think, because at that time the story of Frankenstein was very original and had many new things about horror, dead, dignity and love, also is a book really easy to understand and I´d like to recommend this book
What do you think about the Monster as a living being?
I think that monster are dangerous for the world because they are cruel, ugly and evil, and they can kill or destroy more people for the intolerance of that nobody want to be with him but is a good human being´s creation and science.
Tell some ideas and impressions you had when you interacted with the book?
Before I read the book , I thought that Frankenstein was a ghost or the devil of the story but after I read I realized that is a monster creation made it of dead body’s pieces, and I thought the end of the story had a happy ending.
What were your difficulties if you had any?
My difficulties were in some strange words that I have never heard. But I always was searching the meaning in the dictionary.
What do you find interesting in this reader?
I found very interesting that the monster had thoughts, that he hated and also he loved, and he followed his own creator to kill him, he killed almost all Victor’s family and his friend and at the end himself decided to committed a suicide.
LUZ MARINA PEREZ 26072201 GROUP: 20
1. The creator of Frankenstein used his knowledges in chemistry and in science in general. He created life but He went again of the nature and the experiment finally, didn´t result good.
2. Mary Shelley was born in 1797. Her parents were both famous writers. Her mother died when she was a baby. She became famous with the book Frankenstein. When she wrote it she lived in Switzerland, she described the beautiful montains and the glacier in her story.
3. I consider that is terrible that the monster became a living being without feelings and he suffered the refuse of the all human being. He felt hate and he was completely alone.
4. I consider that is an interesting storie about science fiction, whit many elements of suspense. I think is a good novel that the author get use his imagination to give life to an overnature story.
5. I didn´t have many difficulties, fortunately the most of words are easy and is simple to understand the story by the context.
this story was an innovation in the literature. I like the way that the writer use a diferent character like frankestein to express some emotions and situations.
i think that the work of mary is amazing because she was only eighteen years old when he wrote that text, he reflect any sad situations that we can see in our reality. is a sunrround and original story.
is incredible how the people can refuse somebody that is not like us. In our reality we can find a lot of frankesteins that are lookinf for somebody that love him . he can have the nost beautifu feelings and intentions but it isn't important beacause he is ugly and diferent.
i have some dificultties with this reader because i have not a lot vocabulary. i found some words new for me and i will try to use it more frecuently.
all in this reader was interesting for me because is a beautiful romantic story and i learn a lot of new vocabulary.
1. What expeiences and powers of imagination led to such an innovative and disturbing work
1. We can see the experience that she got with her father’s ideas and with the books that she read during all her life and we can see the power of imagination that she have. Really I think that her imagination is very big and very interesting and that all factors allowed to do this book.
2. What can you say about the writer and about her work
2. I think that her work is very interesting because don’t invented a simple history, she invented a history that express feelings, a history that allows us see other points of view and invite us to don’t be egoistic.
3. What do you think about the monster as a living being
3. I think that the monster felt something that I think all we have felt sometimes, is this sadness and rages because sometime we have to live bad thinks and don’t like that. The monster as a living being is only a personage of science fiction because we cannot believe God to us and create life.
4. Write your opinión about this reader. Tell some ideas and impresions you had when you interacted with the book
4. I like this reader because present a grade of difficult and I can learn more and practice my English without feel frustration for can’t to read all a text.
5. What were your dificultéis if you had any
5. The only difficult that I have was not to know some words. But in general the book is easy to read and to understand.
6. What do you find interesting in this reader
6. Is very interesting to find in the book, expression of sensation and feelings and I like too that the history not was colour pink.
It´s a little complicated try to describe what experiences are in this book because ……. She just wrote about what she knew; that´s because she met a doctor who played to be god, he was trying to give life to some death bodies and she tried to put in this story many things about what she thought about artificial life and how a man could create another man using science and it´s clear that the author had a point of view about this kind of experiments, as I said the writer is interesting in how she can express her thoughts and put them in an amazing work to take us to a different world where we can imagine that story, it`s awesome how the author gave us an story that shows that even a living monster it`s capable to gave different point of views about how it feels like us, like a human being even being a monster.
It`s was an interested book because it`s makes me think about how we are and what things we are capable to do when we believe in that things and we have the courage to do it, even if we hurt someone to do it we just think in ourselves and forget the people who is around us.
I didn´t have any difficulties with these book because I saw the movie a long time ago and I read the book and it was easy because it doesn´t have difficult words.
att: ana maria bocanegra
26072267
Frankenstein is a good historie, is a story that is cute and endearing. I liked this book. It is very interesting.
Franquestein is a classic of terror and as such still wakes in the public interest because it is a story that seems not ever forget, perhaps because it poses conflicts that are more alive every day.
For the author Dr. sought to create something very big, it really happened and that the final would be the greatest achievement of science for that time.
1. What expeiences and powers of imagination led to such an innovative and disturbing work
The Young writer inspired in his own experiences whe she read some books, and also the father’s thoughts when she was a child, also i can tell that She was worry with the people problematics and Shen wanted to show us all of that in that famous story.
2. What can you say about the writer and about her work
I feel so happy, because she is a nice representation of the young people, She had a big inspiration and created a special book, it had entertained to all people who likes reading in general and obviously the horror stories, She had a great main because she could unify her experiences and ther father’s thoughts in a short story very entertaining.
3. What do you think about the monster as a living being
I think so bad, because Frankestein was the only responsable about his unhappy, if at the begining he give him the life, he had to care him and teach a lot of things to became in a good kind in the world, probably The monster could have been better with the other people .
4. Write your opinión about this reader. Tell some ideas and impresions you had when you interacted with the book
I like it a lot, could feel the fear when the people saw the monster in each moment, I Felt the solitude when the monster was alone and rejected byt he people, It was really hard for me, I was very dissapointed when Frankestein “left alone” to the monster he was the first person who reject him and he was his creator, I was really scared because I didn’t want that the monster killed more people for his revenge; I wanted that He could have a wife, and change his life.
5. What were your dificultéis if you had any
I don`t have any difficulty because the text was very clear, I knew the vocabulary in a 97% and the unknow words I could know by the context, I read it so fast and It was really easy to understand.
6. What do you find interesting in this reader
I find the topic that the writer tryied to show us, it was very interesting because We reject a lot of people without know his feelings and thoughts , how is the person, It was an example of how the people change their life’s styles or humor when the people are bad, and don’t respect the differences of race, gender, ideology etc.
What experiences and powers of imagination led to such an innovative and disturbing work?
Perhaps I think that she has written “Frankenstein” Mary Shelley could have lived some class on fantasy when she was young or to have had some imaginary friend with the appearance of a monster. This book indicates that really the imagination of her has a convincing power, probably the contact with a monster it could have experimented in a nightmare. Anyway it is a very interesting work.
What can you say about the writer and about her work?
I think that Mary Shelley is a person with a very great potential, have the talent to attract the readers of his books by means of fantastic histories that could only happen in their imagination. Its form enchants to me to write and the way in which it looks for to touch the feelings of his readers.
What do you think about the Monster as a living being?
For me a monster as alive creature and member of our social group is something unacceptable. We are customary to that we accepted to similar people or who have the characteristics that we never would describe like abnormal. For that reason a monster as alive creature we would see only it like a cause of damage the society
Write your opinion about this reader.
The book is quite impressive, history is very attractive and very stirring; in certain parts of history I could be felt identified with some of the personages. I liked much the reading.
Tell some ideas and impressions you had when you interacted with the book?
When it was reading the book in some scenes of history really I could feel pity by the monster and sadness by the situations that his creator lived, was illogical feelings in me but similarly I could not stop reading the book until finishing it. History surrounded to me and it made me imagine it, for example the places, the laboratories, the physical appearance of the personages as if I was seeing a film and no, reading a book.
What were your difficulties if you had any?
The only difficulty that I could perceive is that some words I didn’t understand them and I had to use the dictionary, was enough I inconvenience because when I was imagining then some word it made me lose of the history.
What do you find interesting in this reader?
I do not have a specific list of interesting things that I have found in the reading, because for me, doubtlessly everything was interesting.
LORENA ROJAS QUINTERO
CODE: 26072236
GROUP: 23
What experiences and powers of imagination led to such an innovative and disturbing work?
Perhaps I think that she has written “Frankenstein” Mary Shelley could have lived some class on fantasy when she was young or to have had some imaginary friend with the appearance of a monster. This book indicates that really the imagination of her has a convincing power, probably the contact with a monster it could have experimented in a nightmare. Anyway it is a very interesting work.
What can you say about the writer and about her work?
I think that Mary Shelley is a person with a very great potential, have the talent to attract the readers of his books by means of fantastic histories that could only happen in their imagination. Its form enchants to me to write and the way in which it looks for to touch the feelings of his readers.
What do you think about the Monster as a living being?
For me a monster as alive creature and member of our social group is something unacceptable. We are customary to that we accepted to similar people or who have the characteristics that we never would describe like abnormal. For that reason a monster as alive creature we would see only it like a cause of damage the society
Write your opinion about this reader.
The book is quite impressive, history is very attractive and very stirring; in certain parts of history I could be felt identified with some of the personages. I liked much the reading.
Tell some ideas and impressions you had when you interacted with the book?
When it was reading the book in some scenes of history really I could feel pity by the monster and sadness by the situations that his creator lived, was illogical feelings in me but similarly I could not stop reading the book until finishing it. History surrounded to me and it made me imagine it, for example the places, the laboratories, the physical appearance of the personages as if I was seeing a film and no, reading a book.
What were your difficulties if you had any?
The only difficulty that I could perceive is that some words I didn’t understand them and I had to use the dictionary, was enough I inconvenience because when I was imagining then some word it made me lose of the history.
What do you find interesting in this reader?
I do not have a specific list of interesting things that I have found in the reading, because for me, doubtlessly everything was interesting.
Viviana Sanabria O.
Code. 26072260
Group: 23
Mary had influences of her father to write her book "Frankestein", since they discovered some things about of the electricity. Mary learned new things of the science. They were thinking that it was the secret of the life. Also, Mary inspired when her husband Percy Bysshe and her friend Byron started telling histories of terror, very important histories in her time. But, the best history was that of Mary who later would turn into the most famous history called "Frankestein".
I think that Mary had a very grand imagination since only at her19 years she wrote a magnificent history that the whole world knows. In addition, in the history "Frankestein" it is possible to observe the reason for which the monster turned into a bad person. Also, the time in which Mary told her history was the best, where she used as landscape the pretty mountains, the glacial o, the sea and ice Switzerland's.
The monster obtained life and he was a very kind, intelligent and strong person, with skills and emotions but his creator, Víctor, he made it very ugly. This did that the monster was became a person bad and vindictive, full of hatred towards the persons who were afraid of him.
The reading seemed to me to be very touching, because I could know the real history of the monster Frankestein. In addition, the things that went on to him to the monster are very sad and impressive. The reading was fantastic and captivating.
To know that for a lot of time the humanizes science darling find new forms of life and as to evolved in our times.
In the reading the difficulties it was the unknown vocabulary, but these words helped me to extend my lexicon and to have better fluency to express.
Answers of the book Frankenstein
1. The creator of Frankenstein used his knowledge’s in the science in general in order to create life in an immovable body, an experiment that in the end was not very good it took since it to happen through many problems in his life.
2. I think about of Maria Shelly that is a person that was influenced for his parents in the art of to write, for that she wrote the famous book Frankenstein.
I think too that she is considered one of the writers more famous of the world, because she in his book described the beautiful of the mountains and glaciers and the important of the science.
3. I think that the science and the technology this more outpost that it is possible to consider that the Monsters could be created on the world, too I say that a Monster in our world as a living being not is good because the people are not prepared for to accept Monsters, it is better that it is only a fantastic history that a reality.
4. I really liked Frankenstein, because the book combines science with technology and the most important as the human body is applied. When i was reading the book, my mind imagined as was possible to create a Monster with different parts of the human body of various corpses of person.
Some times I felt nerves and chills when I read the book, I felt bedside very fear of to imagine to me that the Monster was alongside mine.
5. For my it was not very difficult to read this book, to the contrary the words that I did not understand I, I watched them in the dictionary in order to be able to continue with the reading, and generally the book seemed to me very easy to understand.
6. I like much the way in that he author wrote the book Frankenstein, because it is not only a romantic history or of sex if not to the contrary they are several histories in which they catch the reader
Name: Jacqueline Rodríguez
Code: 26072224
Group: 23
Thanks a lot for your comments and
your work .
Hopoe you can keep working on yoiur blog and poracticing your English.
Martha
Post a Comment